About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #47 – More Touring and Lots of Miles!


     

Tuesday, April 3rd, 2018……  Lydia got up early, Carol slept in, and I took off early to go walk Quincy and get breakfast. We did our walk and I made my stops and got back and delivered coffee and tea. Carol was still sleeping but got up and after a bit and got ready for the day.  We met sis in old town Lebanon and walked around and shopped a bit in some of the specialty and antique shops along Main St. Later, Penny went home and we headed over to Albany to show Carol the carousel.  Turns out the place is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays so we'll have to go back another time.  Then it was off toward Eugene. We drove down Hwy. 99 so she could see the farms and homes and such rather than I5. We drove to houses we had looked at, and considered in our buying decision, in Eugene and Veneta.  Then we drove to Springfield and stopped at our favorite brewery there, Planktown, and had a nice dinner.  We had one more place to see in Leaburg, so we drove there and did a drive-by.  Carol liked them all but says we made the right choice where we are now.  We agree. Afterwards, we drove back home and that was it for us for the day. Tomorrow is the coast…..

Wednesday, April 4th, 2018…… The plan today was for Penny to bring Quincy over here for me to walk, then go home and get ready for the day.  Lydia had labs at 8:30am so we set our time to leave at 9:30am.  We drove over to the coast via hwy 22 in Salem and then headed north.  Our goal was to stop wherever we wanted driving north and end up at the Tillamook creamery. It may be spring, but Oregon doesn’t know it. The weather was just ok, with cloudy skies but no rain all the way to and up the coast.  It did clear up a bit but the ocean views were pretty gloomy. We stopped at the Tillamook Creamery and got the cheese and ice cream tours.





It was actually only cheese tasting and then lunch there and ice cream as we left.  We went up the coast and then east, towards Portland. We hit some of the windy mountain roads even though the Coastal Mountains only reach 1600 feet!  We made the loop and got back home around 7:30pm. Quincy was happy to see us (and go outside!).  Penny went home and we ate light snacks and then watched Survivor and then went to bed.       

No comments:

Post a Comment