About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #48 – Carpet Removal and Shopping!


 

Saturday, September 2nd, 2017….. Today was another hot workday!  Expected temps in the high 90’s today so I ate a quick breakfast and took off to Falcon Crest!  We want to remove all of the carpet and padding in her three bedrooms (rest is tile/laminate flooring). We got the carpet up with minimum issues and took it outside to cut into three ft. pieces, rolled and taped for pickup. I thought there would be tons of staples on the padding but it was only around the edges. We cut those up in three footers as well.  While we were working the carpet guy called.  He may be able to get over to the house to pick up the rolls.  Or we may end up taking it to him.  He also told us to use the roof tile remover I have to scrape the staples.  What a great idea!  Instead of pulling them by hand this was much easier.  All of this is saving her on the final carpet price so it’s worth it. Meanwhile, at the house, Lydia watered (we still have some sprinklers and drip lines that need work so we need to do it manually until we can get the irrigation guys m back over for round two). She sprayed the porch and wiped cobwebs off the windows so we can put a few screens up. Back at Penny’s, I worked on a few more projects (including installing the electrical covers on the outside and removing the speaker mounts) and then I called it a day.  She stayed to sweep and vacuum before she called it as well.  Lydia warmed up salmon and potatoes for dinner and we kicked back for the rest of the evening.       

Sunday, September 3rd, 2017…..  We decided to head over to the Elks Lodge in Sweet Home for breakfast.  It’s only $7. ea and you get all you can eat cook to order eggs, pancakes, sausage, ham, biscuits, gravy, coffee, and orange juice and it’s all you can eat. Penny stayed home and caught up on her finances. She’s in sticker shock with all the little things to buy and services to pay for even before she moves in! We got back and what did we do – head out to spend more money!  But as we were leaving Lydia spotted an old friend on our front porch I needed to take a picture of.  He likes to hang out on the front door!



We went to Home Depot where Penny bought towel racks and electrical covers for after the painting, then on to Target for box wine, then to Big Lots where we bought an island for our kitchen (pictures coming when I assemble it) plus paintings for our guest bath, then on to Fred Meyer where Lydia and I got new shoes and Penny bought a rug.  We got back to the house and Lydia fixed a nice dinner (steak and gravy over mashed potatoes w/veggies) and we watched our taped programs on our respective tvs before calling it an expensive day

No comments:

Post a Comment