About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #55 – Quilts and Cakes!



Saturday, September 16th, 2017…..   This morning we decided to drive in to Albany and then to Philomath. In Albany, we hit their farmer’s market.  It was a new one for us since we had been going to Corvallis.  Well, we will be going back to Corvallis as this one was nothing special.  We left there pretty quickly and headed for our second destination – the Philomath Scout Lodge Quilt Show.  They do this one yearly at the Scout headquarters there.  It costs $5.00 and we were in!  I spent a while looking through the exhibits and saw many beautiful quilts,







 then found a comfy seat while Lydia and Penny went through at a much slower pace!  Lydia bought some material and they both entered for the drawings and when they were finished they said they were glad they came!  Afterward, we went to Block 15 for lunch (thanks Penny!).  This was a place I was glad I came! They have terrific hamburgers here plus craft beer. I tried their Printmaster’s Pale Ale, which was really good.  



Penny had their Super Nebula Stout which she liked as well. Once full, we headed home and rested for the day.  Since we ate a nice meal, we didn’t fix dinner.  We just ate either chips and/or tomato soup. We finished up the day watching tv. 



Sunday, September 17th, 2017…..  Today was a kick back day.  The weather was supposed to change this afternoon to rain so we expected blue skies in the morning.  We still have smoke from the fires so we got mucky gloom instead.  Later in the afternoon, it started out with light sprinkles and then progressed into the evening with light rain.  There is more coming next week so I think I will soon be able to turn off the sprinklers and drip systems around the property for the season!  Penny got her modem from Xfinity and went over to set it up. She called me once and said she was waiting for the system boot/startup.  It wasn’t working so she ended up calling support to help get it going, which they did.  Meanwhile we lounged around the house, watching tv and doing small chores. After she returned and it got later in the afternoon, we decided to go to Sweet Home to the Skyline Inn for salad and clam chowder.  We also needed to return the pie plate that my birthday pie was on.  It had a $13.00 deposit!  Although it wasn’t a big meal, it was sure tasty!  Our server, Mars, is friendly and is a lot of fun.  We told her we were enjoying the meal and she suggested we go on Yelp and write a review.  Penny told her about my blog so I gave her a card so she could read it if she wanted. I took her picture next to the dessert cooler 



(yes – she twisted our arms (not too hard) to try the coconut pie and pumpkin cake!) which were both very good. After that, we headed back home fat and happy with the promise to ourselves that we will be going back one day very soon to try their breakfast.      

No comments:

Post a Comment