About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #52 – Relaxing, Computer Shopping and a Birthday!


Sunday, September 10th, 2017…..  Sunday was a rest day for us. Penny went over to the house and Lydia and I kicked back at home. She fixed dinner and we watched a few episodes of Guy’s Road Trip series.  He’s traveling around the US with his family in a motorhome so it was interesting to us to see the campgrounds and the stops he makes that we have been to.  

Monday, September 11th, 2017…..  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!  But I bow and humbly share this day with the nation. I started out with plans to mow the yard but I needed to make a stop first.  Last night my laptop wouldn’t boot up!  I tried for hours but nothing.  It’s an older laptop and I have been wanting to upgrade for a long time.  I’ve researched for brands and systems that I wanted. Luckily, the day before I got a flyer from Staples and they had a sale on a model that works for me so I set out to go get it.  No sales tax in Oregon so that helped. Yaay!  We (Penny and I) headed out to Albany. We stopped by her house and picked up all of her old paint cans left behind (since she’s having the house repainted none were worth saving) and took them to Miller Paint where she also got another color sample to try out before deciding. We also stopped at Ace Hardware and I picked up some sprinkler parts that I had ordered for my house.  I managed to get her sprinkler heads adjusted – yes, I had the directions this time! – and we headed back to the house.  The grass was dry enough now so I got out the tractor and got that going. With the red bark in the flowerbeds and the lawn cut and the flowers planted, it looks pretty darn good now!




Later, I came back in and got the laptop set up and working.  I like it.  I also had another appointment for an estimate on the rv garage. After he left, we took off to Coburg Pizza for a nice birthday dinner. Thanks, Lydia and Penny!


 Enjoying the best pizza!


 And now for the dessert pizza! Apple and Cinnamon!






I heard from a lot of folks today (via phone, email, text, and Facebook) wishing me a happy birthday. Thanks to all of you for your wishes.        

No comments:

Post a Comment