About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #50 – Sprinklers, Mulch, and Rain



Wednesday, September 6th, 2017…..    We spent today running errands and working on sprinkler/drip irrigation systems.  The property has three ‘islands’ out in the front and the back, two of which have water lines.  Walt set them up with irrigation systems.  Now they haven’t been very well maintained so I set out to fix them up.  I worked on the back yard system today.  I ended up running to two stores looking for the right lines and heads for the older system.  Hard to find for sure! I am making headway though and got a few lines up and running.  Later, while we were watching out tape of America’s Got Talent, we had a knock on the door.  The guy was from a pest control company working on the block and wanted to give us a free estimate.  We have tons of spiders here plus a lot of wasp nests. No mice issues nor ants. He looked the place over and wanted to give us a quote.  Penny asked about her house (she had already had an expensive quote). He agreed to go there tomorrow and give her a price.  We would get the same price. I was glad to see him come because we had been planning on getting someone out.  Did I mention Lydia hates spiders! Plus we have hobo and brown recluse spiders here, and both are dangerous. We went back to the AGT tape.  We also watched the results show and were not shocked on who advanced and who got sent home. We also watched the Dancing with the Stars announcement earlier and I got those names noted for the premiere.  We will watch that coming soon.  I also googled and got the cast of Survivor which we will tape as well.       


Thursday, September 7th, 2017…..  I slept in a bit later this morning and showered and ate breakfast and then took some recycling out to the bin and checked the weather.  We are supposed to get some light rain today and the sky looked gloomy.  It sprinkled a bit but not bad.  I followed Penny over to her house to work on her back yard sprinkler heads and got a count of what she needed.  I headed off to Home Depot for those and for more items for my system and got her stuff.  I had found a local Ace Hardware in town that had my stuff so I got what I needed.  Kirk was at penny’s getting ready to work on the back yard.  I kind of ruined his timing by running the sprinklers to test them so he cut his day short.  But, hey, they were coming here next anyway to receive the pile of bark mulch for my flower beds.  I finished up there and came home and rested.  The truck showed up and dropped the bark just as the rains came.  They stopped for a few minutes and the pest guy showed up.  He had given Penny a really low price and us too so we set up the start date for our place. Later, Lydia fixed pork shops and potatoes and green beans for dinner while capped off a busy day! We relaxed and I watched Thursday night Football and then the first day of the Mecum Auctions from Dallas and then we called it a night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment