About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #53 – Bug Zappers & a Mountain of Pie!

Tuesday, September 12th, 2017…..  Today was bug zapper day!  Our pest control guy started round one of spraying and getting rid of webs.  He came pretty early and got started on the inside first, spraying all along our baseboards. We don’t have any signs so far in the house but better to be safe…..  He went outside and knocked down all the webs and nests and sprayed after that, both outside the house and the workshop.  We’ll see if that kills them off….





Penny took Quincy over to her new house today for her first visit.  I went out and finished up my sprinkler work on the front island.  I still need an inline timer but I’m looking for one brand in particular.  I’ll go online later and search for it. But for now, the system works and they can cover that bed now with bark/mulch.

The girls surprised me with another birthday dinner! Turns out they had planned on taking me to Skyline Inn in Sweet Home on Monday but I surprised them when I wanted Coburg Pizza!  Skyline was closed on Mondays so it worked out that we went this evening.  Penny and I both had the special $15.95 bbq and shrimp dinner with baked potato and soup or salad.  I chose the clam chowder.  I had had it here when Mike and Pat were visiting with us and really liked it.  They have it on the menu every day (kind of a specialty). And it is The Best Clam Chowder in Oregon!  Hear that Bill!  Lydia ordered the $15.95 steak and oysters special.  It was one huge meal for each of us!  And to top it off, Penny ordered a chocolate pie to take home.  They boxed it and I carried it out.  I swear it weighed 12 lbs!  We were too full so we will have to eat it tomorrow.  

Wednesday, September 13th, 2017…..   This morning we got up bright and early and drove to Corvallis for the Wednesday Farmer’s Market.  I wanted pupusas. We parked on the opposite end from their booth and I could hardly wait until we got there.  I had my order in and waited for the girls to catch up.  They were buying fruits and veggies along the way.  I also tried their chicken tamale, which Penny had as well and Lydia sampled.  It was excellent! We stopped by Home Depot on the way home and Penny bought some more light switch covers and floor registers for after the painting.  Kirk and Caleb were here today laying out more bark so when we got home I went out and made sure the island sprinklers were in place and trimmed up a tree before the guys got out there (turns out they didn’t get that far today anyway).  Penny took off for her house and I broke out the pie!  Lydia even brought out some for the guys.  After that I went over to Penny's and we tackled some more errant sprinklers and repaired some others.  The tenants had gravel spread out next to the garage but the sprinklers still worked there so Penny dug them out and capped them while I got more repaired in the back yard. We even found bark spread out over yard cloth that covered some of the sprinklers.  When we turned them on you could hear them running but they were covered! Duuuhhh!  We fixed those and I headed home while she stayed and waited for the bug guy to come do her house. We ate leftover ribs and had more pie (she did - I was full). Here’s what this gigantic thing looked like!





We ended the evening watching the America’s Got Talent results show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment