About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #60 – Painting and Move-In Day!

 

Tuesday, September 26th, 2017…...  The painters are still working on the rooms at Penny’s place.  We went over to see what the girls were working on.  It was kind of chaotic with all of us running around the rooms working.  There were as many as nine of us there at one time!  I got out of the way (sorta) and put up the new wall switch covers and outlet covers.  The girls worked on unpacking some of the things they could put in the rooms that were painted but weren’t getting carpet.  We had the heavy buffet to move in to her dining area but luckily there were young strapping men there to help.  It took three of us guys to get it in and then out of the path.  After a while, Lydia and I left and Penny and Jody worked on the kitchen table base and top and chairs and got those in and also brought in boxes for the buffet before coming home.  We decided to drive out to Sweet Home and get soup and salad for dinner. We made a quick detour by the lake and then stopped back at the house so they could move laundry from washer to dryer. We then came home and watched the second DWTS.  We think they have got the first two eliminations right so far.  


Wednesday, September 27th, 2017…...   The girls left early to get coffee and meet the carpet guys who were coming at 8:00am.  Lydia fixed omelets and we watched a Master Chef tape (we are getting caught up and just have the finale left to watch).  I went out and worked on my lumber pile (that Walt left me) in the shop.  I stacked it up just outside in the potting shed.  Then I headed off to Walmart to get my money back for the second air bed.  The first one wasn’t holding air (leaking at the valve I think) so we bought another one with the idea that we would box up the first one and use the current receipt for a refund.  It didn’t work out - I took it back to the return desk only to find out that they won’t take back bedding that’s been opened – “Walmart policy”. I could go get another as an exchange.  Ok, so I got another bright idea! Go get one with a new receipt and then return that one for my refund. Ehhh – wrong answer!  The customer service worker cut the tape and even took scissors to the box lid!  So, I now have two queen size airbeds, one twin size airbed, plus the queen bed in the guest room!  We’re ready for a major sleepover!  Let’s have a party! I went by a tire place to see if they could work on my trailer axle (nope) and then went over to get my ladder from Penny’s.  I ended up there over 4 hours! I hung doors, put up towel racks and moved furniture.  But hey, she needed help and I’m her bro! Anyway, I left with my ladder and headed home and rested a bit.  The girls came home a little after that and we had BLTs for dinner.  I cleaned up and Penny and Jody started in packing up most of their stuff here and took it over there since the beds were up and tv and internet is up and running. It will be her last night with us and the first one in her new house!  We relaxed and watched taped tv shows (we got the Master Chef finale watched – we liked the ending and who won) and turned in early!        

No comments:

Post a Comment