About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, September 25, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #59 – Coastal Run and Another Mowing Day!

 

Sunday, September 24th, 2017…...  We always lounge around on Sundays and today was no exception.  Except everyone lounged in the car as I drove us to the coast for seafood!  This time we drove up 30 miles to Salem and then went west from there (Hwy 22) and it took us to Hwy 101 just north of Lincoln City.  We stopped at a farmer’s market/boutique where we picked up a few things. This is our new starfish cell phone recharging station. Not bad for $10.!






We then found Fathom to try for ‘linner’.  It was right on the coast and you entered on the 9th floor of a hotel and went up one flight to the bar/restaurant.  The restaurant was closed (they were between the Sunday brunch and dinner hours) so we ate in the bar. Lydia tried their prime rib sandwich and Jody, Penny I had the fish and chips each with a cup of clam chowder soup (very good soup here too – but doesn’t compare with Skyline!).  After the nice meal (thanks Jody & Penny!) we kept going south enjoying the coastline until we got to Newport where we picked up Hwy 20 which took us home to relax and watch tv until calling it a night.  


Monday, September 25th, 2017…...  Today was a work day.  Penny and Jody headed over to the house to meet with the contractor.  Lydia and I ate breakfast and then went to Walmart for a few items for dinner. I went out to the workshop and worked on the safety chain for my trailer then cleaned up a few areas in the shop area. After a quick lunch I went out and talked a bit with Kirk who was working again today moving bark into the beds.  I have an area close to the house that I have cleared of grass and weeds that I am wanting to use in the future for rv parking.  It’s in my plan to have it concreted when the rv garage is built – but only if it’s in my budget. Meanwhile, I think I’ll have Kirk put bark on the dirt.  I can still park a rig there (no power at this time) but the plus is that it does have a sewer dump.  Will have him do that last so I can think more on it. After that, I got the tractor out and cut the grass. The rains sure made it grow fast!  I don’t have a catcher for the tractor yet so the cuttings have to remain on the lawn as mulch.  I’m told I only have a month left before it will be too wet to mow anymore. Maybe I can get a catcher next season. The girls got back and they started in on fixing dinner.  We heated up the chicken lasagna and Lydia made biscuits and Penny and Jody made salad.  It was good!  After the meal, I headed out to the porch to finish up the rest of the ‘fireball’ I had left in the cupboard.  Lydia watched tv but Penny and Jody brought wine out to sit with me.  It was very relaxing. Tomorrow is work day at her house so we made those plans tonight. We followed it up with tv (DWTS) until bedtime.   

No comments:

Post a Comment