About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #49 – Holiday Shopping & a Heavy Duty Quote!



Monday, September 4th, 2017…..  HAPPY LABOR DAY!  I started first thing this morning putting the kitchen island together. Great – another item to assemble!  But it was pretty well designed and all of it went together quickly and easily. 




Since it was a holiday, we also had checked out the ads for specials.  Penny is looking for a tv and an entertainment center but nothing popped out that she had to check out.  But for me, however, I needed to go to Harbor Freight.  They had a drill motor on sale that I have been looking at for a while.  Lydia wanted to know what to buy me for my birthday and I told her this will work.  I already have a drill motor and an impact from Hitachi that I use all the time.  I have been back and forth from the shop to the house using both of them and wanted to keep one in the garage as well.  This was the time to act!  Penny went to the house to meet up with Kirk, who was going to clear up her blackberry bushes plus rototill the back yard.  Lydia and I drove to Albany to shop. Nice holiday drive except for the smoke.  It’s really bad here now but they expect it to clear up in the next couple of days.  Plus we have a slight chance of rain on Thursday and Friday so that will work too! Once we returned, Lydia went over to Penny’s to leave for another trip to Albany – this time to go to Lowe’s to check out carpet.  Penny didn’t find anything so she’s going with another company, scheduled for next week.  She’s also ordered her POD to be delivered.  Her friend Jody is coming in to stay with us/her and help get her moved in.  She’s hoping all of the painting and carpets will go in as scheduled before she arrives.   

Tuesday, September 5th, 2017…..  I worked again on my shop cabinets this morning. I’m making pretty good progress and I like it so far!  I had a 10:00am meeting with a contractor for a quote.  He ran late so I was able to spend more time out there so it was ok.  I explained what we wanted for the rv garage. He took notes and said he would put together a quote later today.  I went in and rested and got hungry for seafood.  It was around 2:00 so we decided we could drive to the coast.  The drive was on Hwy 34, in Lebanon, through Corvallis and comes out on the coast at Newport. The highway work on 34 is 90% complete so the drive was really nice.  First time for us on that road.  We drove around for a while and found a place that looked promising.  We parked and went in but no one was there!  We moved up the road to Moe’s and ate there.  They are famous for their chowder but it’s just ok, in my opinion.  Lydia and Penny don’t care for it.

On the way back we got stuck in road work but it wasn’t too bad. I got an email with my quote for the garage.  Over $116k.  Talk about sticker shock! So I definitely will be getting some more quotes!     

No comments:

Post a Comment