About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #57 – Spiders, Deer, and Rainbows!

 

Wednesday, September 20th, 2017…..  Today was the second day of prep and painting over at Penny’s.  The guys did some repair work on her window sills and painted the ceilings, baseboards and doors and window and door casings.



 It’s looking good (except for the GIANT spider in the master closet!).  



They have another job to go to and won’t be back until Monday.  It’s been raining so this is actually a good thing – it will give the paint time to dry so they can safely tape off the trim.  They finished up and left for the day - one of the guys put the spider in a jar for his daughter’s science show and tell day at school). The POD also got delivered this afternoon.  We will unload tomorrow morning.  Lydia was planning dinner but the chicken didn’t defrost so we all went out to Ixtapa for Mexican food. We got home and kicked back and later watched the America’s Got Talent results show.  We picked our top 4 and all of us had Darci to win (yaay!) I got Angelica second and Light Balance 3rd.  I had picked Diavolo over Mandy so I missed 4th but still that was pretty good – 3 out of 4.  Lydia and Penny also got 3 of their 4. Good show this season. Next up is following DWTS and then Survivor!    


Thursday, September 21st, 2017…...  I had another revisit appointment this morning with one of my potential contractors (Arron).  He brought along an electrician to take a look and see what we can do to (cheaply) route power to the rv garage.  It would cost over 10k to run it from the street so that’s out.  He thinks he can rearrange some of my breakers in the shop and get me one 50amp., one 30amp., and a couple 20amp circuits which will work and save a ton! No quote yet but soon I expect.  I worked on my trailer safety chains when they came by and Arron and I ended up talking about by bent axle problem. He remembered a tire shop in town that did work on boat trailer axle straightening so that’s a good lead. 



While I was working with my guys, Penny and Jody were at the house and started in on unloading the POD. I told them I would head over as so as I could to help. When I got there, they were about a third in.  We finished and they got most  everything staged so it will go in the house pretty easily when it’s ready.  





We went to lunch and I came home and hung curtains while they went back to shop for furniture and then to Walmart. Lydia rested (still in some discomfort from her shingles) but got her chicken lasagna casserole prepped for dinner.  



Penny brought home garlic knots which we heated up and the girls put a salad together plus we had anniversary cake! Happy anniversary Charlie and Jody!  

Penny and Jody eating anniversary cake!



All were yummy.  While we were eating, we spotted three deer out by the woods at the edge of the back property (kinda hard to see).



Then we spotted the rainbow…..


We ended the evening watching tv and planning our day tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment