About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, September 29, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #61 – More Bark and Little Bowling!



Thursday, September 28th, 2017…...  Our first day in a while without room guests!  Jody and Penny came by today so she could get the last of her things.  They said they had a nice first night in her home – slept well. Quincy is getting used to her new digs too!  She has a neighbor dog (big dog!), Louie, that she will have to get used to as well.  Penny is going to block a larger hole in the fence so they can’t snarl at each other through it. Back at our house, I worked on getting the craft room set back up for Lydia and cleaned the micron filter on the washer, then went out to work a while in my shop. Kirk came by today because tomorrow we are getting rain and he wanted to get in a good day’s work on bark for the islands. Later, Lydia baked some salmon and made fried potatoes and cooked some peas which made for a nice dinner.  We had a few shows to watch and then went to bed.  


Friday, September 29th, 2017…...  This morning there was a bit of clouds coming in.  We decided to go try Skyline for breakfast since we liked their dinners so much.  On the way, we made a quick stop at the local metal fab shop to see if they could work on my bent axle on the trailer. Yep! I will be bringing it in next week so that’s good news.  Then on to Sweet Home. Breakfast was very good.  I had their giant chicken fried steak with hash browns and eggs and gravy (good gravy!) which I won’t do next time - it was way too much food!  They have a senior menu with smaller portions that we can order from next time.  We came home (through the light sprinkles) and I got started on my rainy-day project - sanding down the wainscoting in the dining room.  We like the craftsmanship and all, but in this room there is way too much oak for our tastes! I had to sand the varnish off the wood so I can prep it for painting. 



The walls will be a nice gray and the wainscoting will be white. Later, we joined Penny and Jody at, of all places, the local bowling alley, for dinner.  They have claimed to have the best burger in town so we had to go.  Well, it was pretty good!  I had their bodacious burger, which comes with two patties, ham, bacon, cheese and a fried egg! Lydia had a cheeseburger and Pepsi.  They also have deep fried mushrooms which we shared.  With a glass of beer for me, it wasn’t exactly a healthy meal but it was sure delicious!  The bowling alley is pretty nice too.  18 lanes!  We may come back sometime and bowl a few games. We returned home and took off to our respective rooms to relax and watch our taped programs.      

No comments:

Post a Comment