About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, December 1, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #92 – Shopping & a Movie

 

Wednesday, November 29th, 2017…...  Plans today included getting the rest of the Christmas stuff done and the boxes put back into the shop.  That took several hours but we’re done.  Almost. We went to Lowes and Home Depot looking for a few more things.  It’s funny – we had a place for each and every decoration at the old place – like garland that went around each interior door.  This house has taller doors so we need to regroup and rethink.  We ended up finding what we needed but they were out of stock for some of it.  I will go back on Friday. But we got the rest of what we wanted and got it all installed.  So now except for the garland for the doors, we’re done! We drove back through Corvallis to go to Bed Bath and Beyond looking for a replacement for Lydia’s credit card holder thingy.  No luck.  I’ll look online when we get home.    


Thursday, November 30th, 2017…...  This morning we decided to go to Eugene for breakfast, shopping, and a movie, not necessarily in that order. We stopped at the Kozy Kitchen for breakfast. We’d been there for dinner and it was good for breakfast as well. We then caught the matinee showing of Daddy’s Home 2 at our favorite theater (the one with the reclining chairs).  It was only $5.25 ea. Then we stopped at Kohl’s, Cabela’s, & Sears and got a few things.  Then we drove over to Jerry’s Hardware.  I wanted to show Lydia their Christmas section which was awesome!  Didn’t buy anything, but she found ideas for next year!  We had skipped lunch so we were hungry.  We stopped at home just long enough to get our card for Pizza Schmizza, which is in town.  We hadn’t been before but got the card at Beerfest so we decided to try it.  They have about 45 specialty beers and good pizza, reasonably priced.  It was all very good and will go on our return-to list. We came back home and turned on all the lights.  With battery switches on some of her angels and snowmen, plus the Christmas village, and the lighted window snowflakes, we have 19 lights to turn off and on.  Only the tree is on a timer. Guess I need to find the rest of my timers! We watched tv and headed off to bed after a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment