About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #61 – Appliance Repair, We’re Booked and Motorhome Work Too!


 

Tuesday, May 1st, 2018……  After getting up and letting the little white tornado out of her crate and out to pee, and after playing with her until I was pooped out, I left her and went to take my shower.  Lydia was up by then and I took off to go to Albany to the pet store to get some more Rylee food. I stopped on the way and got breakfast and coffee (McDonalds). I ended up at Coastal Farm and Ranch because Petco wasn’t open yet.  I got home and did a few more bits of lawn raking and finished that up and got everything out for the trash.  Most everyone up here with any property puts their brush and lawn clippings in a burn pile.  Walt had one but I’m finding I don’t have that much to stack up so I’m going to have Tim skim that mound out with his bucket and mix it with the sod and dirt he has for haul off later. Our plans today called for a couple of things. We had received a call that the part ordered for the dryer was in and he was coming out today.  He also brought the gasket seal for the oven door to install.  We also needed to go over to my sister’s house at noon and let her house cleaner in and make sure Quincy wasn’t freaked out while she was there.  Doctor Ron, the appliance guy didn’t get here until 11:30am so she stayed here to wait for him and I went over to Penny’s.  Tim and Dana did not come today.  They are wrapping and siding the house and said they are ready for the trusses coming tomorrow. We had an early dinner (spaghetti) and spent time working on the Hawaii trip. I got a reply that my condo request was already booked. Thing is, she lists it several times on the airbnb site, each with different prices.  She has 24 hours to respond to my request. I’m guessing that after I booked, at the lowest rate she showed, she got another booking at the higher rate.  Either that or someone actually beat me by one day! But, turns out that’s all in my favor because I found a new listing for a 4-bedroom house, just down the street from the condo, available for my timeframe.  It was cheaper and has a private pool and spa! The owner responded and accepted the booking and even called me later in the day.  I think this is a winner. Here are some pics….









We heard back from Randy and Maryanne who were booking their flight while on the phone with us.  Frances and Jeff and Krista should be letting us know their info soon.
 
Wednesday, May 2nd, 2018……  I got up early again to let the dog out – who let the dog out who who? Lydia got up earlier (4:00am) – she couldn’t sleep and stayed up to make some tea, then went back to bed. She got up again with me at 5:30am and stayed up.

Also got a call from Krista this morning.  She asked some questions about dates and flights and while we were talking, she booked their flight. They will fly from Fort Myers to LAX. Turns out she was able to get the same flight as us (and Aunt Penny) out of LAX to Maui!  Cool!  That just leaves Frances to finish her trip plans.  She’s waiting to hear back on a job offer so she doesn’t know yet.

I wanted to get the motorhome out to Sweet Home early so we could get back in time for our nail appointment for mani/pedis. Yeah, I do that and I like it!  Man-up guys, it’s cool! We decided to just move the coach out on the street, go to the nail place, eat lunch, then go to Sweet Home.  Those things done, we settled in to watch the trusses get unloaded and stacked up on the structure.  Tim knows what he wants and I like the way he’s prepared steps ahead.  Penny brought Quincy over and she brought Rylee out with her for their walk.  Quincy is less nervous out in the field grass and actually played a little with super mutt who was chasing her around the yard. Quincy can get away for now but when Rylee gets bigger, watch out!  Later, Lydia had pork chops thawing for dinner but neither of us was hungry after lunch. So, we’ll have them tomorrow. We ended the evening watching tv and playing with Rylee until she pooped out for the night.  Good thing -  we needed to go to bed and catch up on some sleep! We did hear from Janie (via texts).  They are in Oklahoma City dealing with tornado watches.  While we were texting they were given info on the shelter but it didn't touch down near them and they were doing ok.  Just nervous. That's part of traveling!    

End of Day 23….




No comments:

Post a Comment