About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, May 25, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #72 – Yardwork and More Labs



Wednesday, May 23rd, 2018……  Rylee has been so good these past few days.  She’s really got her tricks down now.  She can sit, shake, high five, lay down, and catch.  I’m working on roll over now. She still has energy so we’re hoping the labs come back negative.  I went out this morning and got breakfast on my way to Lowes and Home Depot.  I wanted to pick up some trim moulding for the garage windows and also get two motion sensor lights for the rv pedestrian doors. I found the moulding but not the lights.  I need to make a trip soon to Eugene to go to Cabela’s, so I can check Jerry’s for the lights. No hurry. We waited until noon and then I called the vet to check on the lab tests. Dr. Hiatt got the intercept on the call and told me the labs for the two tests they ran both were negative.  But I was still concerned and so was he, so I authorized then to run the full battery on the sample they already had.  Of course, we will need to pay for that, but I think it will help them decide what to do.
While I was gone, Lydia started in on some weeding on the side flowerbed. The sun had come out and she found a shady area to work.  I went out and picked up the brush and told her to come in and get cleaned up – I was taking her to dinner.  Penny came over and she drove us all to Skyline Diner for a nice light meal.  We came back and let monster puppy loose while I went out and figured out where I want the Directv cable to come in to the rv garage. They said the insulation folks were coming either tomorrow or Friday, so I figured I might as well run some lines in while I have the walls open. Once I came in, we settled in for the evening a relaxed and watched our taped shows.  I’ve taped 22 hours total of the Mecum Auctions from Indy and I’m behind, so I got those started.      

Thursday, May 24th, 2018……  We slept well last night, and I actually got up early (5:00am) and let Rylee out and then put her up on our bed.  I don’t go back to sleep but it’s nice to just lay there and relax for an hour.  I got her breakfast and we played until Lydia got up and in her robe. I went in and fixed my breakfast and watched tv while I ate.  Rylee likes to come in and watch me eat even though she hasn’t had anything other than her dog food. She doesn’t stay so I think she just likes the smell of food! I always take her with me on her leash to got out in the morning to get the newspaper. We also do it for the mail in the afternoon. Other than those two trips, she doesn’t get much leash time.  She’s got two thirds of her puppy shots completed so we have another month to wait until I can take her for longer walks. We did get some good news (and I forgot to write about it until now). Penny’s friend Daisy has got her flight booked to come up, so she can dog sit for us! We are still checking on kennels as plan B, but I’m hopeful this will work out. I’ve worked it out with my sister to split the airfare.  We won’t have a lot of time for her to get comfortable in the house because her flight in is the day before we leave! But we’ll make it work. We now can reserve our shuttle to Portland, which was one of the last loose ends we have.  All that’s left now is to get ready for the trip!  Tim and Dana were no shows today, but the insulation crew got her and started working.  Ok, it was just one guy, Helio, but he went to work and got all of the walls done in just a few hours. 



I don’t expect to see Tim or Dana tomorrow because of the holiday on Monday but we’ll see. Lydia decided to go back out and pull more weeds today.  Rylee stayed out with her and I decided to make a run to Eugene which Lydia wouldn’t especially like to go on.  I needed to go to Jerry’s and get the motion lights for the garage. I also went to Cabela’s to get some fishing stuff.  Then it off to Camping World.  I had seen dog dishes there that matched the one we had at the house, so I got two of those, one for water and one for the motorhome. When I got back Lydia was almost done.  I helped her dig out a couple of stubborn weeds and then we cleaned up and stopped for the day.  She will soak it some more tonight and go at it again tomorrow.  Also, Kirk will be her for a part of the day.  We will have him start out in the front yard where the weeds have overrun everything. We had leftover casserole for dinner and watched the remainder of the Survivor finale.  It was an interesting contest and if you watch it, you know that two of the three finalists played the best and either deserved to win.                   

No comments:

Post a Comment