About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #69 – Electrical Work and a Flying Car!


 

Thursday, May 17th, 2018……  I took Rylee out last night in an attempt to tire her out.  Well, it worked! She didn’t whine until around 5:30am which is better than before. Today was appointment day.  Lydia had a hair appointment, I had a dental cleaning, and Rylee had a vet checkup.  Lydia ended up changing the hair cut until tomorrow and she booked me in as well.  The electricians got in about 8:30am and had some general questions. I opted to have the wall outlets up at workbench height, plus I had them change out the porch type light either side of the garage door to one security light over the big door. I then added a porch light to the pedestrian door which I will have set up as with a motion sensor. I then had to go to make my dental cleaning on time. Meanwhile, Lydia took Rylee in. My teeth cleaning was business as usual. And Rylee’s visit went pretty well too.  Lydia told the doctor about Rylee’s runny poop so he asked us to get the breeder to call him and tell him about the coccidia and the giardia and what they did as treatment.  Her ended up giving her some different dog food for us to try. Other than that, she’s in good shape and got her shots and otherwise a clean bill of health. We returned to find the electricians hard at work.  At the end of the day, they ran out of parts so they will be back tomorrow. But they got the bulk of everything done. Meanwhile, Tim and Dana worked on the house wrap, front and back and then got started on the siding. Later, Lydia threw some baked potatoes in and then broiled some steaks and with green beans we enjoyed a nice dinner then settled in to watch tv before calling it a night. Didn’t take Rylee on her walk because we played with her right up till bedtime and she settled in with no problem. 

Friday, May 18th, 2018……   I slept in until 5:30am and then got up, and, after my potty break, I let Rylee out and she immediately wanted up on our bed. No toys, so she went back to sleep and gave us another hour of sleep which was nice. Tim brought me an attachment for my garden tractor I asked to borrow.  It’s a giant sweeper that he said would pick up the excess grass clippings on the lawn.  I found a pin and hooked it up to the tractor and took a few rounds and tested it out. I wanted to see if it would work as I wanted it to before I bought one of my own.  It did the trick and got the bulk of the grass.  So, now I have to add that to my list of things to buy! They’re about $230. or so. But well worth the money. I’ll finish the yard tomorrow and clean it up so I can return it to him. Later, I got showered and we got ready to go pick up my sister.  We were going to dinner and then to the Majestic Theater in Corvallis to see the play, ‘Chitty Chitty Bang Bang’.  We got a place to park and went to Block 15 for dinner.  Even though we had a 20-minute wait, we still had time to eat and then go find a parking spot for the theater.  I ordered the tickets on the Majestic’s website and we had to settle for back row seats. We had never been there before so we didn’t know what to expect.  The theater is more of a community style playhouse so it’s not very big. We were in row M which was 13 rows back.  It was fine – except Lydia and I had a couple sit in front of us he was tall and she had big hair! The presentation was pretty well done.  I wanted to have a fast forward button in my hand for some of the songs but it went by pretty quickly. We will be going back to see other upcoming plays in the future. We got out around 9:45pm and drove sis back home and then went home to ‘release the hound’ from the bathroom prison. We played with her for a while and then brought her to bed with us.  She didn’t tire out soon enough and wanted down so we had to lock her back up for the night. She soon settled down and we got some good sleep.      

No comments:

Post a Comment