About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #67 – Mother’s Day and Bicycle Races


 

Sunday, May 13th, 2018……  HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!  I put Rylee in the guest bathroom last night because of the cool vinyl flooring.  I heard her whining about 3:30am and got up and let her out to pee.  I left her out and put her up on our bad and she went to sleep there.  But, for some reason I woke up about 5:30 and she was ready to get up too, so we played on the bed.  Lydia had tons of sleep so she was awake too.  I showered and got dressed and went out and played with Rylee before feeding her and then making my breakfast. We go out on the leash (her – not me!) every morning to get the paper. She still wants to walk right in front of me but we’re getting better with that with practice. The rest of the morning was spent playing, catching up on emails, and straightening up the house a bit. This afternoon we just kicked back and watched tv. Of course, we still have puppy duty.  She keeps us going.  I’m working on training routines with her even at this age.  She can sit, shake hands and high five so far.  Not an expert yet, but we’re learning! Lydia heard from the kids wishing her a happy Mother’s Day but for the most part, we had a quiet day. 

Rylee's rock!.....


      

Monday, May 14th, 2018……  This morning I woke up about 4:30am and did a potty break. I heard Rylee so I got up and let her out. She had pooped on her piddle pad and then outside.  Same routine as yesterday. But this morning we stayed in bed until 6:30am! I went out and got my breakfast and Lydia’s tea, then went out and talked to the team, who showed up today to finish the siding that they could do to this point. The front and back walls can’t be done until the shear nailing inspection which is now scheduled for tomorrow.  My knee is still sore and I decided not to go out and mow the lawn today.  Plus, it is the hottest day we have had so far this year.  It got up to 85º today.  But later, I did get my tool bag out and went over and adjusted my sister’s side gate and fixed the latch.  She also bought a vine-covered screen (similar to one used to go around an outside air conditioner or pool pump) to cordon off her side yard.  She doesn’t want Quincy going back there to aggravate the neighbor’s dog. I pounded in three long stakes to tie the screen to and that was done. We visited a while and then I came home and had lunch. Rylee is now watching for me to come home and comes running when she hears the garage door opening.  I rested after lunch and watched the Amgen Tour of California.  Similar to the Tour de France, it’s the largest field of any bicycle tours in the US.  Yesterday they started the first day of the tour in downtown Long Beach, which was cool for me to see. Today they are in Ventura and Santa Barbara area. They will end up on Sunday around Sacramento.
As I said, today, Tim and Dana got everything ready for inspection.  Tim also started on the roof shingles. Plus they picked up the windows and doors. Lydia made dinner and later we sat out on the back porch and played with the ball of energy in the yard and also talked about some of the things on my to-do list for tomorrow.  Then it was tv until bedtime.     

End of Day 28....     





No comments:

Post a Comment