About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, May 28, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #74 – A Racing Day and a Day to Remember Those Lost



Sunday, May 27th, 2018……  I woke up this morning before Rylee did! I went in and she was laying on her bed instead of standing at the gate waiting for me to let her out. She wanted back on our bed again – it’s now a routine – so we did that. I got her out later and we played until it was time for my shower. Lydia slept through it all.  She was really tired from all of her work yesterday.  She is also stiff and sore.  No worries – no work planned at all for today!  We’re going to lay around and rest and watch tv and play with super pooper.  Speaking of that, she is already showing signs of improvement in her runny stool.  It’s starting to firm up.  I’m hoping I can shorten the time I have to give her meds for this.  I am supposed to check in with the vet on Tuesday and I’ll give him an update.
For me, today, was racing heaven. First up is the Monaco Grand Prix Formula 1 race, then it was the Indianapolis 500.  Last on the race day is the Coca Cola 500.  I may not have liked all of the results, but I sure enjoyed the day! I did spend some time on my checkbook.  I still keep track of all of my spending in the checkbook, even though I write very few checks now since almost everything is auto deducted. I also have a spreadsheet of my spending and I worked on that as well.            

Monday, May 28th, 2018…… Memorial Day!  Started in 1868, issued as a ‘general order’ designated May 30th as a memorial day honoring Civil War comrades who died in defense of their country.  Please remember those who gave their lives to keep this country free! For me, it is my high school buddies who I lost in the Vietnam war. I always think what their lives would be like had they made it through and were around today.

Our plans today included a bbq.  Even though I hooked up the gas line to my Jenn Air and tested it weeks ago, we hadn’t actually cooked anything yet, so today was the day. Lydia had bought steaks and she and Penny had prepped everything else and was ready for me to fire up the barbie! I got it going and got everything grilled and we ate.   The steaks were really tasty and everything else was good too!
Guess what? Our workers showed up today! Turns out they had gotten back from their fishing trip a day early. They own a 28’ boat docked in Newport and were out for 4 days and Tim’s son, TJ was off today and wanted some work, so they came over and he helped get the rest of the battens installed and then they worked on the drywall for the ceiling.  Might as well use the labor!
Rylee got back in her pool twice today since the weather is warmer up here now. It was up to 75º today with clear skies, so the water warmed up pretty quickly. She and Quincy played again today.  Quincy is really hesitant at first but warms up to Rylee after a while.  They ended up running around the side yard nonstop for about 10 minutes, then collapsed in two heaps on the lawn!   

End of day 37....



No comments:

Post a Comment