About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #66 – Yard Sale and Urgent Care


 

Friday, May 11th, 2018……  This morning I got up and got Rylee out of my office and outside to do her business. No issues.  I went back and got showered and took her back out on the leash to go get the paper. We ran into our neighbors who came over to meet the little girl.  We talked a bit about the weekend.  They are having family over for the weekend for Mother’s Day. Our other neighbors are having a yard sale today.  Lydia took off to go do her labs this morning and when she got back we went over to visit.    

Saturday, May 12th, 2018……  Lydia woke up early after a bad night.  Her diverticulitis has kicked back up again and she was in pain.  She decided to go to urgent care.  Meanwhile, my sister came by and after her walk with Quincy, we loaded up super mutt into the truck a headed over to the Farmer’s Market, in Corvallis. Needless to say, she was a big hit!  I couldn’t go ten feet without being stopped so she could be petted. Plus, there were all of the other pups there so she was in heaven.  




But for me, I couldn’t even concentrate on the booths.  I did manage to buy Lydia some flowers for Mother’s Day though.  We worked our way out and got Rylee some water.  She was pooped! I heard from Lydia that she was in and out of urgent care and they took a culture and also gave her some penicillin and told her to go home and rest.  We met her there and Penny and Quincy left and Rylee and I had lunch and then we settled in for the day and rested. Later, Lydia said she was hungry and wanted Taco Bell so I went off and got us dinner.  Then we watched our shows.  For me it was racing and for her old movies. She decided to go watch tv in bed and was able to get some comfortable sleep.  Diverticulitis is basically inflammation in the colon. She says she only has pain when she has a bowel movement but that takes time in the system.  So, getting sleep when she can is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment