About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, May 7, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #63 – Sprinkler Repair and Playing With the Pup!


 

Saturday, May 5th, 2018……  This morning we both got up about 5:30am.  But I stayed up and Lydia went back to bed. I took muttley out to do her morning business.  She’s only had one slipup in the house overnight, so we’re pleased with that.  My job in the morning is to play with her and get some energy out of her, then feed her, then I can turn her over to Grammy to watch while I take my shower and get ready for the day.  After breakfast, it’s my turn again, while Lydia gets ready. Penny came over a little bit later and Rylee got to run with Quincy again.  They are getting used to each other – or should I say Quincy is getting used to Rylee! They run and run around the yard, which is good for short legs – it wears her out for her power nap! Later. I went over to look at my sister’s sprinkler issues.  I took her over our oscillating sprinkler but we were able to pinpoint some of the issues and after a trip to Wilco, I got her up and running for now.  She still needs Kirk to come over and move the rocks in her rock wall so he can straighten up one of the sprinkler heads.  I can fix the ones out in the front yard. She also needs to get an expert out to go over her water system and see if there’s a reason why she can’t get more pressure out of the backyard system.   
When I got home, I rested for a bit, then went out and tested my sprinklers since it’s been several months since we used them. The big lawn sprinklers are working well, but there were a few drip/bubblers/sprayers in the flowerbeds that I needed to work on.  I still have one main line of flowerbed sprinklers that run around the east and south side of the house that I have to work on.  That’s one that was quoted by Stutzman last year at $1200. That’s for a whole new line. But I think I can go slow and steady and work on repair of what’s there and get it done myself.  But it will take a while. Meanwhile, while I was working on the sprinklers, Lydia was working on cleaning up the dead plants and made a very small dent in that! Of course, our new little girl discovered that she was definitely a waterdog!  When we finished up and came back in, she looked like she’d been swimming.  She had bark mulch all over her paws! Crazy dog!    

Sunday, May 6th, 2018……  This morning we woke up to thunder and lightning.  We had seen that storms were possible today but we didn’t expect it so early.  But that was good because it cleared up and it was a fairly nice day. After letting her out to pee and checking out the house, we got monkey butt up on the bed and played with her for a while, then got up and showered and got breakfast made. No plans today so we spent it catching up on taped races and hallmark movies. You know who watched what!  Lydia thawed out some chicken breasts which got cut up to go in her chicken and noodle casserole. It was yummy and still is one of my favorites! We got caught up on Master Chef Jr. and watched our own shows until taking missy out and then calling it a night.      

No comments:

Post a Comment