About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #71 – Parts For the Tractor & Getting More Labs


 

Monday, May 21st, 2018……  It was a great night last night for sleeping!  We (ok, I) had a good workout with Rylee right before bedtime. We were both tired and she went to sleep with no noise at all.  She woke me up around 5:30am or so and we did our routine again.  After we were all finished, I took off and got breakfast and coffee/tea. The guys showed up again and got to work finishing up the back siding.  Later, we went off to Walmart to do some light shopping.  After we got home, I went online and started searching for the lawn sweeper attachment for my tractor.  I wanted to just go to the local Sears up here and pick up the one we had seen last year.  But the Eugene Sears has completely closed and the Salem Sears didn’t have much in their garden section when we were there a few months ago. But we decided to take a drive and check it out anyway.  So, we loaded up butthead and took off.  First stop was in Albany where we used our realtor’s recent mailing card good for a free car wash.  It was just the drive-thru kind but they did a nice prewash by hand so they got most of the trouble spots on the car.  Rylee was sure interested in watching the action going through there! Then we drove up from there to Salem (about 27 miles) and went to Sears.  We took turns because I don’t believe in leaving an animal in a car, even for a short period. I did find what I wanted but they don’t stock it and it doesn’t show up as available on their website.  So, I ended up ordering one when we got home. We stopped at Taco Bell and brought lunch home and rested.  Tim and Dana got all of the siding finished and started on the battens.  If you look at the photo below they are the narrow 1x2s that run vertically along the wall. That matches the shop exactly. They also had the rough in electrical inspection today and that was approved so they are now able to work on the inside to insulate and drywall when they get to that stage.
Since we ate a late lunch, Lydia only wanted scrambled eggs and I chose nothing but had a piece of pie later in the evening. We watched Dancing With the Stars. I was sure surprised last week to even see Tonya make it to the final three but I think America got it right with Adam winning, although I would have been ok with Josh if he would have won. I don’t like the quickie contest though.  I think the stars need time to adjust to the dancing and at least get some time to improve.  I would vote to do double elimination though the first four weeks to help get rid of the really, really bad dancers who probably don’t want to stay anyway. 

End of day 34…….    



Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018……  Yesterday we called the vet and asked if we could bring in another stool sample for more tests. It’s still very runny and we think that she may not be over what she had when we got her.  We dropped it off and picked up some more of the prescription dog food they have her that they think might help.  So far it hasn’t.  We continued on to Walmart and got some things we needed (and some we didn’t) and came back.  Lydia went over to Penny’s to let the housecleaner in.  When she came back she said her and Linda talked about her coming over tonight to give us an estimate if/when we need someone to come in now and then. She also reminded Linda about checking on the status of her friend’s upcoming estate sale because they might have a couple of tractors to get rid of.  We could buy one if the price was right. She also told Linda about me mowing the property and needing someone to mow the west forty.  Her husband, Chuck, does that as a side job and they would both come over to see the house and the field and give us prices. They did show up this evening and we had a nice conversation.  Turns out they both know Tim & Dana very well (it’s a small town!). Lydia will wait on housework but I’m having Chuck come this Friday to mow both the west forty and the back field. Then I will gauge if /when I need him back again. We finished up the night watching the finals of Master Chef Jr. I was glad to see Beni win.  She’s adorable and was the best kid chef although the others were terrific too! We played with Rylee up until bedtime and she went right to sleep in her penned area.

Day 35 - no pics today     

No comments:

Post a Comment