About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #100 – RV Garage Started and a Trip to the Coast

 

Friday, December 15th, 2017…...   Wow, 100 blogs from the start of our Oregon Adventure!  Thanks to those of you who have been following all this time.  We realize that now that we are pretty much settled in up here, my posts aren’t really that exciting.  I’m sure you’re not too concerned to know what we have for dinner each night. I know I wouldn’t want to read that over and over. So, going forward, I’ll try to only capture those special meals or something Lydia wants to share. Comments are always welcome and encouraged on any of my posts!  If you have wanted to comment but couldn’t, you have to go in once and register a profile with Google. Those who have done so have reported back to me that it was pretty easy and had no issues.

Great night sleeping last night!  I got up around 6:45am and showered and got ready for the day.  I planned to head over to Albany to look for an office chair.  For these chairs, I take off the back and use it as a work stool in my shop.  Problem is, I brought the one I had into the house and Lydia now uses it as a footstool for her tv breaks in her craft room!  So now I need another one!
This morning Penny came by to walk Quincy and told me her recliner was in.  I was headed to Albany anyway so I told her I would pick it up.  I stopped for coffee and a breakfast burrito in town and then headed over. I stopped there and turns out they had expected it on the truck but the 4 chairs backordered didn’t show up.  Next time they will only call her when they have it in front of them!  I visited Habitat for Humanity but didn’t find any chairs today.  I headed home and stopped at a thrift store in Lebanon and found some potential chairs but wanted to see other places first. I came home and relaxed a bit before going back out to the shop for a while.   


Saturday, December 16th, 2017…...  Today’s plan was to head to Newport to do a little more Christmas shopping.  We wanted to leave early and stop for breakfast but I got a call last night from Dana and Tim (our rv garage contractor) that they were coming over on Monday to stake out the area but they needed to come by this morning and double check the well and septic lines. So, we ate in and waited.  Penny came over to go with us and after they decided to measure and stake out the area today, we left them to do their thing and we took off.  We drove over to the coast to Newport and found Scott, the craft vendor we dealt with before when we were there in the summer.  We found what we wanted and headed back.  Nice drive and the weather cleared up and it was sunny and warm for the most part. We stopped at Habitat for Humanity (we both found a few items we couldn’t pass up) and then went to Block 15 in Corvallis for linner.  Then we made one more stop at the Teen Challenge Thrift Store in Lebanon and I picked up a chair I had seen there yesterday.  Nothing else on the agenda tonight other than tv. 

No comments:

Post a Comment