About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, December 2, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #93 – Shopping and a Bazaar



Friday, December 1st, 2017…...  I left early this morning and headed to my sister’s.  She needed some help getting down her Christmas decorations. That done, we headed off to Albany while Lydia stayed home and rested. I took her to a favorite stop of mine, Muchas Gracias, and bought us both breakfast burritos.  Next stop was Harbor Freight, then Big Lots, then Costco.  We headed back home and unloaded stuff (she bought a new recliner) and then I headed home.  I had received a call saying my trailer was done and I could come get it.  I stopped by and looked at it and brought it home. They didn’t take credit/debit cards so I went back and gave them a check.  They put on a new axle and new fenders so it is now road ready.  I still want to replace some floor boards and replace the wiring but that will be done when I get time. Lydia fixed a chicken casserole for dinner (and enough for leftovers, yes!) and we settled in to tv and bed.          

Saturday, December 2nd, 2017…...  Penny texted me this morning, asking if both of us or Lydia wanted to go to a Christmas Fair/Bazaar. I passed and chose to work on putting up the rest of the garland and doing a few other projects around the house, stopping to watch college football now and then. They spent most of the day shopping and having lunch and got back early afternoon. Lydia sat for a few hours to rest her sore legs from walking all day. Later, we worked on Christmas cards for awhile and had leftovers from last night plus the garlic knots and salad Lydia brought back from their lunch this afternoon.  We each watched some of our taped shows before calling it a night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment