About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #94 – Christmas Shopping and Just Puttering Around

 

Sunday, December 3rd, 2017…...   It’s Sunday, so we had nothing planned today.  The weather was really nice and I decided to go out to the shop and work on my work table project for a while.  I also took some time to go out to the motorhome and catch up on some taped shows. I also ran the coach for a while to keep the batteries charged up.  I will have to move it, hopefully next week or the week after, when the guys show up to start surveying for the new rv garage. At that time, I plan to take it to the rv shop in Sweet Home (or elsewhere) to get some work done.  I also plan on stopping at the DMV to get it registered while I’m out.  I spoke with Janie this afternoon. She told me about our annual club (Camping Squares) Christmas campout this past weekend.  We both really miss camping with our friends! We plan to get back down there but not anytime soon.  We’ve invited any/all of the Club members to come up and visit us.  So far, we’ve had the Moores and the Myers here on two different occasions. Hopefully, others will come up and visit. After it got chilly in the shop, I closed up, came in, and called it a day. I went online and did a bit of Christmas shopping and also went to The Oregon Gardens website and got tickets to the park for Wednesday.  Penny will go with us.  More on this after we go….

Later, Lydia got the rest of our Christmas cards done and I got them stamped and in the mail for pickup tomorrow.  She defrosted some ground turkey and we made burgers and tater tots for dinner and I watched football and she watched Christmas movies.         


Monday, December 4th, 2017…...  We left early this morning and stopped to try the Sweet Home Café for breakfast.  It was ok but we like Skyline there better. The reason we went to Sweet Home is that they have an rv shop there and I wanted to check to see if they would/could work on my coach.  They think they can so I made an appointment to take it in for next week for them to look at.  Hopefully it will coincide when my guys show up here and I have to move it out of the way for the excavation for the rv garage. That done we stopped on the way back at Walmart and exchanged some curtains and then headed home. I went out to the shop and worked on my island/workbench. I’ve now got it raised up about 3 ½ inches and positioned on the shop floor above my sawdust collection system so I can now think about where to put my table saw. I still have to clean up some of the drawers and get them back in plus think about what kind of top to put on it. But the weather is nice (just a bit chilly) and it’s supposed to be clear skies and dry for the next 5-6 days so it was a good time to get this done. Also, I can’t think about mowing the lawn for a few days yet.  It’s still soggy from the recent rains and needs several days to dry out.  Lydia worked on the curtains and we got them hung. Then it was time for dinner. Tonight was chicken and black bean burritos.  One of my favorites! We watched Carol Burnett’s 50th anniversary show (taped) and went to bed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment