About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #101 – RV Garage Start is a Go!

 

Sunday, December 17th, 2017…...   I forgot to mention in the last post that Penny left Quincy with us yesterday.  She wanted to go grocery shopping and do some Christmas wrapping and that way I could have Quincy here to walk, saving her some time. I got up and got dressed and went out.  The weather has been warming up a little each day.  When it’s dry, it’s cold – when it warms up, it gets rainy.  We’re hearing that pretty soon both might sync up and it will be cold and the rain will turn to snow.  They did get some measurable snow here a few times last year.  Nobody is used to that here and Tina, our mail lady, said it pretty much shut down the town. I don’t care so long as I don’t have to go out and drive in it!

I went out and checked the stakes that my guys put out for the cement pour for the garage.  I’m having it built right at the end of the driveway, between the house and the shop.  I think that will give us a nice bit of room to park the rig plus room on the pad next to that for a guest rv to park and hook up. Next step is for Tim to file Monday for permits with the county.

The rest of the day I relaxed and played with Quincy and cleaned up a bit in my shop.  Lydia reorganized her craft room and got her chair in place (and I got her old one out to use in my shop).  She also started in on her annual pumpkin bread batches.  We won’t see too many folks this year so she won’t make as much as in the past but I still look forward to her delicious goodies this time of year!    


Monday, December 18th, 2017…...  I went out this morning and got going on my shop table project.  I had to go get some hardwood for the band and found poplar at Home Depot.  I cut and mitered the pieces but before I could get them on, Tim & Dana came by.  They were coming back from the county office where they filed for the permits and came over to get any updates or changes from us. We also gave them the first progress payment. They said they expect it to take a week for the permit to get approved.  Meanwhile, they are wrapping up on another job. That will put the date after Christmas before they start to bring in equipment and start prepping the area for foundation - but still, we are starting to get excited about getting this going!      

No comments:

Post a Comment