About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, December 11, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #97 – A Quiet Weekend

 

Saturday, December 9th, 2017…...  The weekend usually means no real plans. Today was no exception.  Lydia worked on her email for a bit and I worked on my cubbies in my office.  I have rearranged my room and actually moved the tv and its room divider/storage cubby into the closet.  I have double folding doors so there was room. By moving it I have made two things happen – 1) I freed up some space which makes the space roomier and 2) I moved the 65” tv further back for safer viewing. The storage below the tv has fabric drawer units that I need to organize, and that was what I worked on today.  Lydia saved me from this ‘fun’ project by asking if I wanted to go grocery shopping with her. We got that done and things put away and then she fixed leftovers for dinner and then it tv till bedtime.  



Sunday, December 10th, 2017…...  We slept in this morning.  Penny texted me as I was getting up.  She wasn’t feeling up to walking Quincy and asked if I could come do it. I got dressed, bundled up, and headed over, stopping to get some coffee on the way.  Quincy sure likes her walks!  We covered about 1 1/2 miles today but it was all on the leash and I think she still had more energy when we returned. Penny fed her and then she rested and I went back home, stopping for breakfast and chai latte tea for Lydia. The rest of the day was uneventful. I watched some NFL football and Lydia watched her tape of the Pentatonix Christmas show.  I watched some of it as well. Those guys are sure talented! We had got some nice thick pork chops and Lydia made fried potatoes and gravy and peas to go with them.  Wow!  Back to football and taped shows till bedtime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment