About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, December 15, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #99 – Motorhome Work & Building Stuff

 

Wednesday, December 13th, 2017…...  Sis came by this morning to walk Quincy over here.  It’s better for both of them as she can run and run.  Quincy, not Penny!  Penny can just walk her own pace and not be drug on a leash. For me, today I had two things on my to-do list.  After breakfast, I went back to work on my electrical outlet.  I rewired it and it worked first time! That done, I went out and got the motorhome ready to take in to the shop to get some service work taken care of.  First up, I needed to get it winterized.  Second, I had a mouse get into my aqua hot diesel burner’s exhaust pipe wrap, putting a small hole in it.  Lastly, I also have a torn fresh water inlet hose that has been leaking for some time. Neither of these is a biggie, but while in, I might as well get it all done, right? I got going about 9:00am and drove to Sweet Home RV Center.  It’s not much of a center really, just a small time rv parts and service business.  Hopefully they can get everything done with no issues. Lydia came out a bit later and picked me up.  We stopped on the way home and she picked up a ham that she had pre-ordered cut in half and was told it was ready.  She dropped me off and went to get Penny.  They were going to Corvallis today to do some Christmas shopping.  I stayed behind and went out and cleaned up where the coach had been parked.  I still haven’t been able to mow - still too wet – but I picked up some of the junk laying in the field and filled in where the coach wheels had sunk in over the last five months.  I then went out and prepped my worktable for the top that I still have to go buy.  I came in a bit after that and relaxed and took a break and watched tv for a while.  Lydia got home after a bit and we texted Tim asking where we where on our rv garage project.  He texted back that he is expecting the plans tomorrow and will come over to get things ready to go to the county for permits. I drove up to KFC and got us dinner and we watched Better Late Than Never and then Survivor before going to bed.          



Thursday, December 14th, 2017…...  I had a terrible night sleeping last night.  I don’t know if it was something I ate or drank that kept me up but I only slept a couple of hours so I’m dragging today.  I headed out after breakfast to Ace Economy Hardware to get material for my shop tabletop.  I like this place even though it is a little more expensive than Home Depot or Lowes.  They have better quality lumber/wood product and it’s stored correctly instead of being laid across a couple of bars on a shelving rack. I found extra thick 1- inch plywood as the base and I bought hardboard as the top piece.  This table will also be used as a runoff for my table saw so I wanted something smooth and slippery.  Getting those cut to size was next and was pretty easy and then I screwed the plywood down and then screwed the hardboard top to that.  Next up is an edge band to wrap around the whole thing to finish it up but so far, it looks good.  I came in later and relaxed a bit and watched tv, trying not to doze off.  I want to be able to sleep tonight! Since it was a sunny day, Lydia was out working on her flowerbeds. She trimmed up some of the dead branches on the bushes and plants and small trees and got those cleaned up and looking better and ready for the spring.  She same in a bit later and tried to figure out what to make for dinner.  She used cut-up chicken, shredded potatoes, mushrooms, corn, peas, onions, and browned it all in a skillet and added a couple of fried eggs at the end so it was a breakfasty hash browny plate.  Write that down, dear – it’s a keeper!  

No comments:

Post a Comment