About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #102 – Table and Coach Work Both Finished!

 

Tuesday, December 19th, 2017…...   After breakfast this morning, I went out and worked in the shop and I finally got the table finished!


This new work table will also serve as a runoff table for my table saw. Next up is going tomorrow to see if a table saw I liked at the Albany Habitat for Humanity is still there.  If so, I will upgrade mine. They have different discounts each day of the week and tomorrow is 25% off tools.  Later, after bit of cleaning, we wrapped a few more presents. Most everything got sent out already. The kids (Maryanne & Randy) will be driving up on Thursday.  Not sure yet if Frances will be able to get time off.  If so, she will fly up for a few days. Andrew (and his new wife Christy) and Raymond won’t make it due to work schedules.  Maybe next year. Wish Jeff and Krista and their family could afford time off and come but they are both busy and with our three grandkids plus Florida being far away, every buck counts this time of year.       


Wednesday, December 20th, 2017…...  We slept in a bit this morning and after I got showered and ready and while Lydia was showering, I spent a few minutes prepping documents for the neighbors.  Tim and Dana gave me a layout for the new garage and I have a picture of what the finished product should look like.  We’re told that we should let the neighbors know what we’re doing, not so much for their approval (the county will send them a notice) but more as a courtesy so they know that workers will be coming and going plus we’re not putting up a shanty or something that would not fit the neighborhood. We will go around and knock on doors and visit with them (and give them Christmas cards and pumpkin bread) so it will be nice. Plus, we haven’t met everyone yet - these are five+ acre lots so we’re not exactly right next door to everyone - and only pass each other occasionally. This will give us that chance.   The plan this morning was to go out to breakfast at Kevin's  We had left a gift card and pumpkin bread for Kathee, our paper carrier and we stopped at the box to make sure she got it. Yep. We haven’t met her yet (she comes super early!). Walt must have paid for a year’s subscription for the Albany Democratic-herald and we’ve really enjoyed reading it daily and learning about news and happenings in the local area. I’m sure it will end soon (and I will continue under my name) but I wanted to make sure she knew how much we appreciate her.  I also checked the weather today. For the past week I have wanted to get the lawn mowed before anyone got here.  Unfortunately, the grass has not yet dried out enough to do that.  Oh well, at least it’s still nice and green!  The plan was to go to breakfast in two cars.  From there, I would head to Albany and Lydia would go to her nail appointment.  But once we got there, we found that Kevin's was still closed for their renovations after a small fire.  So, Lydia left from there and I took off to Albany and got a breakfast burrito there and then went and got my table saw (10" Rockwell saw for $56.25) and returned and got it set up.  Pretty good deal and it runs great but needs a little cleaning (that's another project), but at least I got it before someone else did.  While I was out,  I got a call that my coach was done so I waited for Lydia to get home from her nail appointment and then she dropped me off in Sweet Home.  I spent a few minutes going over what they did and any issues they found.  No problems plus I learned that come spring, I can take the rig back to them and they will de-winterize it for me for free. Yaay! Since I wasn’t sure how to do that and would have to learn, that was good news! I brought it back home and tried to park it in a grassy spot just off the driveway.  Problem was, I sunk the front wheels in the soggy grass and dug up a big divot on the way out.  So, I'll have to park on the driveway while the garage work is being done.  You'd think that with almost 8 acres, I wouldn't be so pressed for space, huh!  But I can't risk getting the big heavy coach sunk out in the grass! 

No comments:

Post a Comment