About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #96 – Cold Days and Fixing Email

 

Thursday, December 7th, 2017…...  PEARL HARBOR DAY   Very cold today!  Here is the mailbox from this morning…



Ok, it’s official – I am now in long pants!  The girls got up early and left for Salem for Penny’s chemo. I walked Quincy and had to bundle up to do so.  It was down to 27º this morning. Both cars are garaged but I have been leaving my truck out at night.  My plan today was to go down to Eugene and do some Christmas shopping but I had to scrape ice off the windshield so I could see. I did get going and stopped in town for breakfast.  Our favorite place, Kevin’s, is closed for a few days.  He had a grease fire that caused a little damage and he’s going to shut down and do a deep cleaning before reopening. I hit Jerry’s, Harbor Freight and Habitat for Humanity before heading back home.  Once there, I walked Quincy again and then went out to work in my shop a bit.  The girls got back and they were hungry so we went up to the local food truck – Stick a Pork In It – and got dinner.  Then it was relaxing and tv till bedtime.    


Friday, December 8th, 2017…...  Nothing planned this morning.  Penny felt up to walking Quincy and felt good when she returned.  We ate breakfast and I worked on getting email back on my phone.  I still try to use my verizon.net email address but since Verizon got out of the email business and Frontier (which we are no longer part of here) decided to support their email through AOL, my phone email goes out every now and then.  I managed to get it all operating through pop3 so all is good now.  I put my truck in the garage last night so I didn’t have to scrape the windows.  Penny is here and put a cover over her windshield and that helped.  It is sure chilly but it warms up pretty quickly and that makes it so nice up here!  We’ve been watching the fires in LA area.  Wow!  It’s making the news even up here! They could use some of our rain.  Penny went home for the afternoon and left Quincy here for the day. I walked her again and then worked in the shop and Lydia worked on laundry. Penny came back and said she was doing well so she picked up her dog and went back home. Lydia fixed a Birdseye Pasta and garlic chicken and veggie stir meal.  It was ok. We watched tv and went to bed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment