About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #106 – Visiting and Then Saying Goodbye

 


Tuesday, December 26th, 2017…...  Wow, what a nice day yesterday!  Family, friends and food!  (and gifts!).  We got up late and had a breakfast of leftovers but everyone was happy with that. The girls had plans today to drive over to Corvallis for some shopping.  Randy and Arjan took off to go riding.  I have Jeff’s mountain bike up here and Randy had left his from his last visit so it worked out.  I stayed home with the dogs and after letting them out for a nice walk/run around the yard, I took off to pick up Penny’s chair that was in and took that to her house and set up. Then I came back home and walked the dogs again and then started taking down some of the Christmas decorations.  Those of you who know me know I usually get everything put away within a day or two after Christmas. Sorry – just my way…. The girls got back – the guys got back and we fixed leftovers for dinner.  Plus, we cooked the dessert pizza that Maryanne went to get Christmas eve.  It was not quite as good as fresh out of their oven but it was still yummy!



Wednesday, December 27th, 2017…...  Even though they stayed up late last night, the kids got early and started loading up the Hummer for their trip home.  They came up Interstate 5 but were thinking about going across the Cascades via Santiam Pass and going down through Bend.  But Randy decided that that would delay them by 3 hours or more plus the weather could change. So, they left around 9:00am and went back via the 5.  They texted a few times and then when they got home (about 12:30am). No problems – just a long day! It was sure good to see them and Arjan was a nice guy and very interesting.  So, after they left, I did a bit more work on getting the Christmas decorations down and things unplugged.  Tomorrow we will bring in the bins and get them going. The rest of the day we just vegged out.  Penny called and asked if we wanted to meet her at Ixtapa for dinner.  After that we drove to her place and got Quincy for a sleepover.  She wanted to drive in for her third treatment tomorrow and had to be there early so I got the Quinzinator for the walking duties. She will call us if she’s not up to driving and we will go pick her up. I walked Quincy and then we settled in for the night.  Boy – the house is quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment