About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #103 – Family Time!

 

Thursday, December 21st, 2017…...   Today we woke up to fog.  The weather turned last night and it’s COLD this morning – down to 30º! The fog makes the ground wet and the low temp turns the wet into black ice. Not everywhere but enough to make you take it easy when walking on any hard surface. I brought in the trash containers and then went to Walmart to get some curtain rods for the craft room.  I got those up and we ate lunch and cleaned up the craft room and put up the air mattress.  Randy and Maryanne are due in later today and they will be in the guest room, but they are now a plus1.  Maryanne’s sister’s fiancé is visiting this country and staying with them for a bit before heading south into Mexico. They are bringing him up here so we need to set up the craft room as a bedroom.  I got that done and relaxed a bit before getting all of the wrapping paper and stuff put back into the shop storage racks (sure glad I put those racks in!).  The kids got here about 7:00pm.  They were tired after the long drive but said it was a lot better with three people sharing the driving.  It was sure good to see them and have them here for the next week. Penny came over for a visit and we had a few drinks and laughs before everyone called it a night.   


Friday, December 22nd, 2017…...  Today’s plans were to go out to breakfast and then go over to see Penny’s place.  We picked her up and drove to Skyline Diner in Sweet Home.  Really good breakfast, enjoyed by all.  Thanks, Arjan! We drove back to Penny’s and they stayed while Lydia and I came home to walk Chuckles and Bella.  We saw our neighbor, Jeff, out so we went over to give him some pumpkin bread and the plans for the rv garage. Since we were already stuffed from breakfast, no one wanted lunch. So, later, we took off to our favorite pizza place – Coburg Pizza – for linner.  I get emails with points awarded and special freebies and we had free wings with our pizza.  Of course, we ordered a couple of dessert pizza before we left! Another must when we’re there!  We got back and Penny went home and we all collapsed after a full day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment