About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, December 25, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #104 – A Coastal Trip Plus Christmas Eve Celebrating!

 

Saturday, December 23rd, 2017…...   This morning we all slept in a bit.  No plans today.  The kids wanted to go over to Bend to see one of Randy’s riding buddies.  He was busy today so they will wait for another day.  So, they decided to head over to the coast to go check things out.  We were there just last week so they enjoyed the day on their own. We want to put an electrical outlet in the floor between our chairs. So, I headed over to Albany to buy a floorplate so Randy could crawl under the house and wire it up.  We ate a late lunch and snacked a bit later after they got home.  We ended up crashing and watching various tv shows until bedtime.     

Sunday, December 24th, 2017…...  Nothing on the agenda today, except dinner plans.  Randy went under the house and checked things out.  Turns out all the electrical comes down from the attic – bummer!  We still can get it done – just not routed from the crawlspace. Just not today. I watched football and they all watched movies and taped programs until dinner. Lydia planned to make lasagna and worked on getting everything prepared and in the oven.



Maryanne helped.



The guys and the puppies rested! 





The kitchen smelled so good!   Penny came over and we all sat down to eat.  But before that, we played a game called crackers where you tug on a toy and it pops and the winner gets a hat and a toy.  Lydia got miniature cards and I got a hair clip! Then we enjoyed too much delicious food!






We all relaxed and enjoyed the time together before hitting our beds early so we could get up bright and early for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment