About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #107 – Another Round of Chemo for Sis and another Visit to the DMV for us!

 


Thursday, December 28th, 2017…...  This morning I woke up early and took Quincy out for a nice long walk.  We wanted to do a full lap around the property but I stopped short a bit because Ollie, the neighbor’s Goldendoodle, was out.  Quincy is a cool dog but is not very social so we haven’t introduced them yet. After that I came in and showered and we headed out to check if Kevin’s was open yet.  Still closed so we drove into Albany and tried a new place that we have seen a lot of cars at.  It’s called Pop’s Branding Iron Restaurant. It was pretty good.  We’ll go back if/when we are in that area but we’re not gonna be frequent flyers there. On the way home, we stopped at Sam Fitness and got our cards.  We waited because we were told that UHC was changing their Silver Slippers cards to something else.  We have received nothing to date so we went and got registered.  We won’t have to pay either way so we’re good. We also stopped at the DMV to check on what is needed to register the motorhome. Our other three vehicles are owned outright but we have a lienholder on the motorhome. The tags expire this month so we wanted to get going on it.  Ok, follow this if you can –  we need to pay $7.00 for vin number verification (no other inspections required) now and can bring the coach in to them to verify anytime.  We need to contact our lienholder (USAA) to let them know we are sending them a packet.  We then have to write a check payable to Oregon DMV for the fees (total of $468.00) and MAIL it in that packet to USAA (yeah!), along with the request for Oregon registration form filled out.  The DMV gave us a letter to enclose explaining the process to the financial lender.  They are required to verify the check as payment and then they have to send it back to the Oregon DMV along with my current Calif pink slip (that they of course are holding until I pay off the loan).  Oregon DMV will process the paperwork, issue them a new Oregon pink slip naming them the lienholder again.  When all is done, I will get an Oregon registration with my name and theirs on it just like Calif. plus my new Oregon license plates. When I called USAA, they said they were certainly familiar with this process but they said that Oregon was the only state that does it that way!  Go figure.  It was a lot of work but, hey, my tags last year in Calif. were $584.  The $468.00 in Oregon is for two years so this is way cheaper and well worth the extra effort!

Penny got back later in the afternoon, with no issues and feeling fine.  She took Quincy and was planning on stopping for some takeout on the way home.  We also had Dana come by this afternoon with our (rv garage) contract to sign.  They are ready to go but to date the permit hasn’t been received but the county offices were closed for the holiday and when they were in office, it was with reduced staff. That’s the lightning speed that things are done here in Oregon!         

Friday, December 29th, 2017…...  I got up early this morning and showered and got ready.  I was expecting to get a text from sis to come over and walk Quincy but when she did text me she said she was feeling ok and was heading out for the walk.  I was already out and went off and got coffee and breakfast before returning home and beginning the day working on the rest of the Christmas storage. I got all of the containers out and on the back porch. Lydia still has to

work on getting things back in the tubs.  I cleaned up the yard lights and the porch stuff and got all the garland down inside so that’s all done.  Our Christmas village still needs to be reboxed but that’s about all that’s left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment