About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #98 – Walking the Dog & Electrical Issues

 

Monday, December 11th, 2017…...  I woke up early this morning thinking I may get a call for my dog walker job.  She texted me about 7:40 and I headed over.  The walk today was cold! We headed out a different way this morning and did another 1 ½ miles or so today. When we got back Penny was there to feed her.  She is feeling a bit better but didn’t need to go out in the cold. I got back home a bit later and got out the griddle and Lydia made us pancakes for breakfast.  One of my favs!  We spent a bit of time online shopping this morning.  We found out that Frances started a new job recently and may not be able to take time off to come up so we ordered her gift online.  Afterward I worked a bit on my landscaping project.  I have a walkway we are not happy with.  It starts at the back porch and goes to the driveway headed to the shop. Walt did a nice concrete walk, but – for some reason - set part of it up with flagstone rocks with tiny white gravel bits around them, in a curved border.  It doesn’t fit anything so we want to alter it a bit, maybe straighten it out and get rid of the little gravel. The future plan would be to repour the area and widen it enough for an rv to park there next to it.  Problem is – the ground’s too cold to work right now.  So, all I can do is rope it off and maybe think about how to remove the gravel.  Maybe my shop vac….. 
Even though it warmed up nicely this afternoon, I came in to the warm house a bit later and called it a day. Tonight Lydia made spaghetti for dinner and we enjoyed a quiet night watching tv until bedtime.   


Tuesday, December 12th, 2017…...  This morning we got up and moving early.  Penny felt better and took Quincy. But after my shower I discovered that we didn’t have power in either of the wall outlets in the master bath.  Tripped GFCI – right? Wrong.  I tested the GFI circuit and found it was working.  But the two outlets past it were not.  ???  I went to Ace Economy Hardware and got a new GFI outlet and replaced it. I wasn’t sure if that would do it and it didn’t.  I will have to get a regular outlet just to test the wiring. Meanwhile, Lydia left to go get her hair cut.  It’s ‘$10.00 Tuesdays’ at her place! I fixed myself some leftover spaghetti and bread and was full later in the day when she asked about dinner.  So, she made chili dogs and had chips.  That means I have the leftovers of that for tomorrow! I love chili dogs!     

No comments:

Post a Comment